Pages

Thursday 27 February 2020

New Years Celebrations

New Year's Celebrations:
        _______________________
Does your Family celebrate new years? My Family normally celebrates with
my Dad’s Family because they live closer to us then my Mums side. But last
year (or should I say this year,) was quite different.


Firstly, how my Dad’s side celebrates is kind of like how other families would
celebrate, but anyways. We start off by preparing the food/snacks, seating/
stuff to sit on, shade and fans etc. Mum normally bakes something like
brownie, lemon cake, chocolate cake or more. We also bring drinks, cups,
and fans because we have it in summer when it’s really hot. We also bring
our mat. Anyways, enough telling you about what we normally bring, now
it’s time to explain what we do at these types of new year picnics. 


We start off by looking around for a place to set up, and we sit down and
wait for the rest of the family to come. Once they arrive, there’s normally
lots of little kids from my family running around, so I go and look after them
at the playground, in the water, and around the grass. After a while we start
eating, and we all share our food around with each other.


My Auntie brings sport gear every year, and we play different sports, it’s
pretty fun. The adults always talk a lot, so most of the kids end up going
onto the playground quite a lot.


My Mum’s families New year’s celebration last year was also very fun. For
my mum’s family celebration last year, we went and stayed at a bach (a New
Zealand holiday home) near Tauranga. We celebrated new years with
fireworks, glow sticks, a bonfire, and music. It was very fun. We were there
for quite a while, and did quite a lot of fun things.

Overall, I like celebrating new years with my family because there’s always
different ways to celebrate it. I wonder what you do to celebrate New Years?
I hope you enjoy celebrating new years. Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment