Pages

Monday 10 August 2020

Year 8 Camp pt 1

                            Year 8 Camp
Last week, we had year 8 camp. It was supposed to be around the beggining of the year, but due to the virus, we had it last week. Camp was very fun, and I really enjoyed it. I found camp fun because of the fun activities, yum food, and the cool movie that played both nights. We stayed there for baically three days, and it was so much fun.

(:day 1, part 1:)

Firstly, it was 8:00 on a wednesday morning. Everyone was a mix of tired, and excited. We talked and ran around the hall, and waited for the frist teacher to give us our instuctions. When Mrs Tele'a came in, and we sat down. We had quite a long send off to camp, filled with prayers, songs, and introductions from the adults coming with us, and the camp leaders. While Mr Burt was telling us about camp, and to be respectful, the adults loaded up the busses, and we hopped onto the busses, and were on our way. I can't really remember much of the drive there, because I was asleep for most of it. When I woke up, we were at camp. I was quite excited, because I had heard good things about this camp.

Next, we got into our teams got face paint the color for our team, and headed to the gym, to play some games. This is basically what we did for a while, and then we went back to our cabins, and unloaded our stuff. Then we were off to our first rotations. My group was called Thames, and our first rotation was gym games. I found this activite quite fun because, for this rotation, we had to make the fun ourselfs. So me, and the people in my group played a lot of games like, hide and seek tag, getting the ball in the hoop, line tiggy, soccer, and more. The rest of the day was just meetings, and lessons. for dinner, we had nachos. These nacho were very delicous. On my plate, I found some crunchy chips, with warm mince, followed by a refreshing salad, with some salsa on the side, and some sour cream on the mince. For dessert (yes, there was dessert,) we had ice cream with apple crumble. After our meal, we headed upstairs into a secret room. There, Mrs Tele'a taught us about 1,2,3 and 4. 1 being the youngest, 2 being adults, and 3 & 4 being more adults, and grandparents. She taught us about leading with our role, and gave us paper, and pens, to write down what sometimes stops us from helpping with different roles. I found this both a tiny bit confusing, and lesson/leader-ful.


After that, we prepared ourselfs for either bed, or a movie. The movie was Nacho libre, and I am just now realizing that we watched Nacho Libre, and had Nachos for dinner! Anyways, after the ovie was bed for the year 8s, while the adults probably stayed up for a bit, to make sure that we didn't stay up for a bit. My sleep was alright, I think the girls in my cabin next to the wall had to listen to the banging on the wall for a while though.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jedida

    Thank you for sharing your reflection about the Year 8 Leadership camp. I found it interesting to read because it's been quite a long time since I've been to one of the Year 8 camps. I've heard many positive comments about this camp and it was good to hear what you had to say about it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete