Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2020

Homework Writing: My Family Hero, Grandma

My Family hero that I have chosen to write about, is my Grandma. I was born not long after she passed away, so I don't really remember much about her. Grandma is my Dad's Mum and she was a beautiful, kind, compassionate, generous woman. Everyone loved and still loves her to this day. The memory of her is still alive and it's been past down to me through stories and songs. I love my Grandma and miss her but I know she's in a better place.

Grandma raised 10 children including my dad. Their house was always filled with lots of people, and she always managed to feed every person, and make them feel really welcome. At Grandma's funeral, I was told each person who spoke thought that they were her favourite. She just had a way of making everyone feel super special, welcome, loved. I hope to one day be like her by making everyone feel loved and happy. Even though I didn't really get to talk with her or meet her properly. I think that she was an amazing person/mother/woman and she will be loved for ever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jedida this post warms my heart so much! Your grandma sounds like a wonderful and loving woman. I can totally relate to this as I have the same connection with my very own grandma who also had 10 children! Sounds like we had some pretty amazing woman bringing up our parents back in the old days. This was a such an awesome read - Thank you.
    Mrs Ilaoa

    ReplyDelete