Pages

Thursday 21 March 2019

Story Review: Reconnecting The Brain

Story: Reconnecting The Brain
Story By: Bronwen Wall
Reviewed By: Jedida
Age: 11
School: Pt England


                   Reconnecting the Brain Story Review
This story is called Reconnecting The Brain, but it’s actually not fully
about that, it is about someone called Melanie Cheung. Melanie Cheung
is a Neurobiologist and she studys brains. Right now,(in the story), she is
trying to find a treatment for people with something called huntington's
disease. I didn’t know what that was before I read the story, or what it
even was But after reading it, I know more, even about brains.


Melanie Cheung is part Maori and Tahitian Chinese, and she uses
Karakia to remove tapu from the brain before studying it. At first she
wasn’t really sure if she wanted to become a Neurobiologist because
the brain is tapu for Maori people, which means that the brain is very
sacred, important, and restricted to Maori people.  


I have learnt quite a lot of things from this story. Like what huntington's
disease is, and a lot of different words and some different Maori words
that can be helpful at different times. Some of the different words that I
learnt were Neuroplasticity, Tapu, Tikanga, Whakanoa, and much much
more.

Overall, I think that this book is very good, and I definitely recommend it
for anyone. It can also teach you quite a lot of different things and words,
especially about brains, and It’s just a great book overall, and I give it 4
out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment